Monday, April 30, 2012

Rushing Duck Logo


If you’ve looked on our Facebook page recently you might have seen our logo was finally posted (it's also at the bottom of this post). It was done by Nick Penta. He is a very talented artist and he also happens to own Dead Seagull clothing company. I was hoping that it would have been done a while ago, but I really only have myself to blame for that. Being a newb to this whole thing, there are a lot of aspects of this that I had absolutely no knowledge of; getting our logo designed was one of them. I had no idea what the steps in the process were(brainstorming, going through multiple drafts, more brainstorming, getting a black and white version, more brainstorming, more drafts, ending with a final color logo), and therefore had no idea how long it’d take.  Regardless of my oversight, I couldn’t be happier with the logo. I think it does a great job of paying homage to the 1940-1950’s story behind our name, but still looking modern and fun. Hope you all like it too. I’m not sure how many people actually read this, but we will be printing t-shirts soon (also done by Nick at Dead Seagull). We’ll keep you updated on that.

So with that issue resolved, we move right on to the next. We need to start thinking about getting individual beer labels designed. It seems like we have a lot of time being that we are still about two months away from selling beer, but being that the labels need government approval we’re actually behind on that too. The fun never ends.

I’d like to write a bit more, but I’m actually in a rush. I desperately need or organize myself and pack for the Craft Brewer’s Conference that I’m leaving for tomorrow morning. For the next five days I’ll be in San Diego attending brewing lectures, making contacts with other brewers and suppliers, and drinking a lot of Southern California’s finest beer. Be jealous.

 - Dan


 




1 comment:

  1. Hi Nikki and Dan,
    You are are really putting out some of the best beer I have ever drank! The Germans would be quite envious i'm sure. I recently had the privilege of trying some of your "Naysayer" at beer world in Kingston and I've been touting your efforts to everyone I know. Keep up the outstanding work!

    ReplyDelete