Sunday, November 6, 2011

Brewery Time Yet?

So I've got lots of news that I'd love to share, but none of it is really official yet. To save myself from being called a liar in case anything falls through I'll keep it all very general. I can say that we are in the process of making some very big purchases, and we are getting closer and closer to being able to let everyone know where the brewery will be located.

Since the update was a little on the skimpy side, I feel like I should add something else, so I figured I'd share a little bit about what types of beers we're planning on making at Rushing Duck. Basically, I'm getting into this for very selfish reasons. I plan on making the types of beers that I like to drink. Rushing Duck is going to start out with three year-round beers, a very hoppy west coast pale ale, a coffee porter, and a strong ale with some sort of Bourbon barrel treatment. We'll also be doing a quarterly seasonal beer. A Double IPA, Imperial Stout, and Saison are definitely in the mix as well as one other beer that is still tbd. Other than that, I am open to just about anything. I want to play around with barrel aging, sours, one-off beers. I have a very short attention span, so as soon as the brewery gets established, you can absolutely expect lots of different fun beers to come from Rushing Duck.

That's about all I have for now. Hopefully I'll be updating again soon with some more concrete news.

- Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment